2017/08/12

OSR: Tomb of the Serpent Kings 3.0

Version 3 of my "tutorial" dungeon is up.This update isn't as significant as the jump from 1.0 to 2.0, but it's still important. The entire document was edited and reformatted by the incredibly helpful David Shugars (nthdecree.blogspot.com). Go check out his stuff! Overall, I'd say the dungeon is now more readable and easy to use in a hundred small but vital ways.

And, once again, it's still free!

Tomb of the Serpent Kings v3.0 PDF

New on the left, old on the right
Or bookmark the Megapost for quick reference in the future. It also explains what the heck is going on, if you're new here.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. I've always hated having to flip back and forth to the map when reading PDF adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and I intend to use it when I have novice players!

    I see that you are also a fan of Scott Alexander. I'd love to have you in my (Old School, using 5E rules) game on Roll20.

    What could get you interested in that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!

      So Sean Plott, another guy I like, said something like, "If the average person is wrong on a topic 90% of the time, an expert is wrong 70% of the time." I'm not sure what percentage Scott sits at (70% might be generous), but at the very least, he's interesting and can write really, really well.

      As for the Roll20 stuff, I'm not a huge fan of online games or the 5E rules, and I'm currently running 3 games at the moment, so I'm going to have to decline, sorry.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the adventure Skerples! I'm awaiting an opportunity to play it with my wife.

    As I'll use the real world with bits of fantasy and weird as the setting, I'm thinking about put the tomb as an abandoned cult place for the Snake from the Garden of Eden.

    ReplyDelete